Thursday, May 10, 2007

Obsessed, Distressed & Jaw-Dropped


Yes.
You could definitely say that I am a damsel in distress.
An obsessed and jaw-dropped damsel in distress actually.

It has been confirmed.
21 concerts in ONE CITY.
And not a city on the other side of the cute little world we are living in.
No, a city which is reachable by plane, from Dubai. By one single comfy, cute little flight.
A flight that doesn't take a lifetime to reach its final destination.
To the city of Jack-the-Ripper.
Yes LONDON.
Prince is going to have not 1, not 2, but 21 concerts in LONDON in August!!!!!!!!!!
When I heard the news I thought I was going to spit my hot tea all over my colleague.
(Maybe I should have done that anyway?)
Conclusion: You now know why I mentioned the word "obsessed".

I am now planning, thinking, contemplating, plotting, sometimes not sleeping, sometimes not focusing on work so I can focus whole-heartedly on this issue**, having-palpitations-nervous, so that I can find a way to GET THERE for at least ONE of the concerts.
Conclusion: Now you know why I mentioned the word "distressed".

The guy, apart from being a GENIUS, is also now becoming more human, more humble and more nice as compared to the cocky, snobbish Prince from the 80's and 90's.
He is selling his concert tickets for a very humble amount of 31.21 GBP***! So that the price would be more "affordable" as he said himself in the press-conference in London.
Conclusion: Now you know why I mentioned the word "jaw-dropped".

You got to love this guy.
He continuosly re-invents himself.
And he remains the Prince of Pop, Funk, RnB, Soul, Blues and of course HIS OWN STYLE OF MUSIC.
For anyone of you who has doubts about this guy, give his music a try.
It's a genius' work and a pity to miss out on.

I am so going to put my shiny party shoes on for this one.
LONDON HERE I COME (hopefully ehrm...)


**Don't hate me cause I don't focus at work, it's practically Weekend....

*** The reason why he added the .21 is cause it's directly related to his last album called 3121. And if you add that up, you get the number 7. The man is in love with number 7. Don't ask me why, I am still trying, after 23 years to figure out why this obsession with number 7.


No comments: